The History of St. Paul University Surigao
St. Paul University Surigao (SPUS) is a private Catholic university founded in 1906 and administered by the Sisters of Saint Paul of Chartres (SPC). SPUS was once known as the San Nicolas School. After undergoing major developments throughout the years, the school’s name was officially changed into St. Paul University Surigao in 2000. Currently, it has two campuses in the province---San Nicolas (main campus) and Barangay Luna. The school is also a member of the St. Paul University System and the Catholic Educational Association of the Philippines (CEAP).
St. Paul University Surigao (SPUS) offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of Arts and Sciences, Engineering, Teacher Education, Business, Technology, and Health Sciences. In addition to tertiary level courses, the university also implements the K-12 program to its students. Its Senior High School (SHS) program offerings, on the other hand, include Academic, Arts and Design, Technical-Vocational-Livelihood (TVL), and Sports tracks. Short-Term Technical-Vocational courses for individuals who want to earn a National Certification (NC) are available as well.
Life in St. Paul University Surigao
The Surigaonon Paulinian athletes will compete in 5 different sports namely swimming, chess, teakwondo, lawn tennis and in the track and field events respectively.
St. Paul University Surigao, Paul Bernard Nagba BSED Physical Sciences IV was awarded as one of the Top 10 Outstanding Students of CARAGA as well as one of the Top 5 Outstanding Paulinians
- Original Report Card (Form 138)
- Permanent Record (Form 137)
- For transferees: Transcript of Records and Honorable Dismissal
- Certificate of Good Moral
- 2 pcs. 1x1 Colored ID picture
- Photocopy of NSO/PSA Birth Certificate
- Long Brown Envelope
- Birth Certificate Authenticated by NSO (Photocopy)
- Result of Graduate Admission Test from the University Guidance Office
- For transferees: Honorable Dismissal
- For married females: Marriage Contract (Photocopy)
- 2 pcs. Long brown envelope
- 2 pcs. Colored 2x2 picture
- Student Handbook
Senior High School
- Entrance Examination
- Junior High School Report Card
- Certificate of Good Moral Character
- 3 pcs 2x2 ID picture
- Authenticate Birth Certificate
- NCAE Results
- Qualified Voucher Recipient Certificate (for those graduates from Private Schools)
St. Paul University Surigao is 10-20% acceptance rate.