The History of Mountain View College Phillipines
Mountain View College (MVC) is a private educational institution founded in 1953 and managed by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The college’s campuses are situated in Valencia City, Bukidnon.
MVC provides tertiary level programs. Offerings include baccalaureates in Agriculture, Theology, History, Accountancy, Medical Technology and Information Technology. Also available are master’s degrees in Management and English. Many of the school’s degree programs are accredited by the Commission on Higher Education (CHEd). As one of the premier educational institutions in Mindanao, MVC is committed to transforming its students into competent graduates that imbibe academic excellence and skills essential for the improvement of the community.
Life in Mountain View College Phillipines
Besides academic life, most students are active in religious, livelihood, and health outreach to the neighboring sitios and barangays. These locations are often accessible via mountain trails, and sometimes require wading waist-deep across icy-cold creeks and rivers.
A new student is a high school graduate enrolling in college for the first time. At enrollment time, he/she must submit a Certificate of Good Moral Character from the school head and his/her high school report card (Form 138) signed by the principal.
A transferee is one who has taken college courses in another institution and enrolls in MVC. A former student returning after having studied in another institution is also considered a transferee. At the time of enrollment, a transferee must submit the following credentials:
1. Honorable dismissal from the school last attended
2. Transcript of Records for evaluation.
3. Certificate of Good Moral Character from the last school attended.
Additional Admission Requirements for Both New Students and Transferees
1. Ten pcs. 1 x 1 ID pictures with name
2. Two pcs. 2 x 2 ID pictures with name
3. A recommendation from the district pastor (for SDA’s only)
4. Passing rate in the interview
5. Two clear photocopies of the Birth Certificate or the Live Certificate of Registration (LCR). A student who enrolls in a degree that requires passing a government licensure exam should submit an NSO-authenticated birth certificate
6. Notarized Student Undertaking
Mountain View College (MVC) is 80% acceptance rate.