The History of Saint Louis University (Philippines)
Around two hundred fifty kilometers north of Manila lies Baguio City, known to be the "Summer Capital of the Philippines" that enjoys temperate climate all year round. From a village resort established by the Americans, Baguio has become the Northern Philippines' center of business and commerce as well as the center of education. Saint Louis University has played a pivotal role in the evolution of the City into a center for learning in the North.
Today, SLU is the largest university north of Manila with more than 30,000 students from the elementary, high school and college levels. Its reputation for excellence attracts students and scholars not only from the Philippines but from other countries as well. It has sustained itself since 1911 to become one of the top centers of academic excellence in the Philippines that meet international standards in tertiary education.
Saint Louis University has 4 campuses with a total land area of 24 hectares (59 acres).
- Main Campus (Mount Mary Campus) is a 6-hectare (15-acre) compound, along A. Bonifacio Street
- Gonzaga Campus is a 5-hectare (12-acre) campus in General Luna Street, Baguio City.
- Navy Base Campus a 5-hectare (12-acre) hectare compound located in Navy Base, St. Joseph Village
- Maryheights Campus is an 8-hectare (20-acre) hectare compound in Brgy. Bakakeng
Life in Saint Louis University (Philippines)
- The Kataas-taasang Sanggunian ng mga Mag-aaral - Supreme Student Council or KASAMA-SSC is the highest governing student organization. It mimics the three branches of government of the Philippines.
- The high school department has the Samahan ng mga Nagkakaisang Mag-aaral or SANAMA, separate for the junior and senior high departments.
- Saint Louis University's athletics team is SLU Navigators
Saint Louis University (Philippines) RANKS 1ST IN TOP 20 UNIVERSITIES IN NORTHERN LUZON (as ranked by Webometrics)
- JANUARY 2019
- World Rank: 7518
- Philippines Rank: 16
- Presence Rank: 12165
- Impact Rank: 10820
- Openness Rank: 9431
- Excellence Rank: 5288
Who is of good moral character and has not violated the rules and regulations of his/her school.
- Benjamin B. Magalong – Mayor-elect of Baguio City, Former Deputy Chief for Operations and Former CIDG Chief of the Philippine National Police
- Boobay – Actor and Comedian
- Cirilo F. Bautista – Poet and National Artist for Literature
- Kylie Verzosa – Ms. International 2016
- Marvic Leonen – 172nd Associate Justice of the Supreme Court
Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Commission on Higher Education, Philippines, Saint Louis University, Baguio City (SLU) is a large (uniRank enrollment range: 25,000-29,999 students) coeducational higher education institution formally affiliated with the Christian-Catholic religion.