The History of Alliant International University
Alliant International University is a private, for-profit benefit corporation university with its main campus in San Diego and other campuses in California, and Mexico. The university is also known as Alliant. Alliant was formed in 2001 by the combination of two older institutions: the California School of Professional Psychology (CSPP) and United States International University (USIU).
Alliant offers a culturally rich educational experience like Bachelor's, Doctoral, Master's, Certificates. Our students are met with a diverse community of faculty, staff, and fellow students; a community that encourages different points of view, bold thought, and taking risks to address community challenges. The current student body at Alliant comes from 49 states and more than 75 countries.
Life in Alliant International University
Alliant International University, known as the Gulls, phased out its intercollegiate athletics. As U.S. International University, the school's softball team appeared in one Women's College World Series.
Completed Online Application
Prospective students must submit an online application along with a non-refundable $65 application fee.
High School Diploma
Alliant recognizes equivalent ways of meeting the high school graduation requirement, i.e. completion of a General Educational Development (GED) certificate or completed equivalency through home schooling as recognized by state law. Please refer to our catalog for more information regarding high school diploma equivalency options and specifics.
Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from all high schools and colleges attended showing a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale.
High school students and/or students who have earned less than 24 college units must submit an official high school transcript as well as official transcripts from all colleges attended that should be considered for transfer credit.
Students who have earned 24 or more college units must submit an official high school graduation date, as well as official transcripts from all colleges attended that should be considered for transfer credit.
An admissions essay is required of all applicants.
In a comprehensive 1-2 page essay please address one topic from the list below:
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Discuss some issue of personal, national or international concern and its importance to you.
- Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you and describe that influence.
- Sergio Albert, former NFL player
- Cheryl Arutt, retired actor, clinical and forensic psychologist
- Lem Burnham, former NFL player
- Wayne Clark, former NFL player
- Vernon Dean, former NFL player
- Jamie Foxx, actor, singer, comedian, writer, record producer, and rapper
- Bob Gagliano, former NFL player
- Dwight McDonald, former NFL player
- Denise Merrill, Connecticut Secretary of the State
- Judy Chu, Congresswoman, California House of Representatives
- Emmanuel Ikubese, Nigerian Nollywood actor.
Alliant International University is 80% acceptance rate making this US higher education organization a somewhat selective institution.