1. What school do you study in?
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
It’s the nearest polytechnic to my house.
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
To know more about the teachers from my course.
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
Make it look nicer, it’s quite rundown now.
7. And if there’s one thing you’d never change?
The facilities e.g. T-junction.
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
Casual clothing like shorts and t-shirts.
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
I will try Aerospace Engineering.
12. What is a common myth of your school?
That we are not a very good school.
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
Studying for examinations.
14. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen in the school?
Weird people wearing onesies walking around.
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
Using phones in lectures and not listening to lecturers.
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Have a sleeping corner with pods and beds like those in Nanyang Technological University.
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
All around school we have the power plugs.
21. What program are you in?
Diploma in Engineering with Business.
22. Is this related to your dream job?
I don’t have a dream job.
23. Do you know the actual value of your diploma?
Around $2k per semester.
24. Do you think a diploma in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
Yes, in terms of the things that I learn.
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
$1.5K per semester.
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
We don’t get to choose modules. But in terms of my course we can choose specialisations.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
34. Favorite Professor?
35. What is one thing that most people don’t know about your program?
We don’t study all about engineering.
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
Ideal: 20 students
Reality: it's around there now.
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
Japan – they have advanced technology.
38. Common exam formats include:
It’s all open ended calculations.
39. Outside of the curriculum, do you have any other commitments in school?
40. Would you say that it is difficult to manage both studies and other school activities?
No. It boils down to the individual.
41. In your opinion, are there enough clubs & societies in school for students to choose from?
42. How do you think a Extra-Curriculum Activity add value to a student's overall experience?
Instead of just studying, you can have some fun so it’s not so boring.
43. The most memorable school event that you have attended would be:
NYP open house.
44. If you had to pay to NOT attend a particular event in school, what will it be?
45. Is the school doing enough to engage students?
Yes, there are feedback sessions at the end of every semester.