1. What school do you study in?
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
I thought it has the best art diploma out of all the other polytechics.
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
People dancing, especially after school hours.
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
How hectic the schedule will be.
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
Make the holidays longer.
7. And if there’s one thing you’d never change?
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
Dressing is quite diverse here.
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
The Cintiq Lab – there’s a lot of high end drawing tablets inside.
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
I would probably choose another art program - maybe game art and design?
12. What is a common myth of your school?
None that I've heard of.
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
To work on assignments.
14. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen in the school?
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Probably on improving the different departments’ facilities.
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
Inside the animation labs to finish up assignments. If not, maybe the library.
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
The animation labs due to the nature of work we do as well as the equipment/facilities we need.
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
South Canteen, the malay stall is really good.
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
We have a lot of power plugs around school.
21. What program are you in?
Diploma in Animation
22. Is this related to your dream job?
Yes, I want to go into the animation field but not necessarily be an animator.
23. Do you know the actual value of your diploma?
I can’t remember.
24. Do you think a diploma in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
Based on my impression, yes, because of the quality of the facilities and lecturers we get.
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
Maybe $2-3K per semester?
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
Understanding Singapore but it’s compulsory.
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
We don’t get to choose modules or time slots.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
4 because of how small the industry is.
33. Name 3 job fields.industry people from your program go into.
Junior Concept Artist
34. Favorite Professor?
Ms Deda – she teaches storyboard.
35. What is one thing that most people don’t know about your program?
The workload is really heavy. It may not seem like it but it is!
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
Ideal: 20 students
Reality: ~30 students.
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
United States. It's good for the development of my program and I am also personally interested.
38. Common exam formats include:
It’s mostly assignments. We have a final big assignment to work on at the end of semester but there' no exams, it's all practicals.
39. Outside of the curriculum, do you have any other commitments in school?
40. Would you say that it is difficult to manage both studies and other school activities?
I guess so, which is why I don't have one?
41. In your opinion, are there enough clubs & societies in school for students to choose from?
42. How do you think a Extra-Curriculum Activity add value to a student's overall experience?
It may help you gain experiences that you may not get from books.
43. The most memorable school event that you have attended would be:
44. If you had to pay to NOT attend a particular event in school, what will it be?
45. Is the school doing enough to engage students?
Yes they do try to gather our feedbacks.