1. What school do you study in?
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
It has a better architecture program as compared to other polytechnics.
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
Muggers studying at all times, particularly students from my course.
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
That the school don’t know where to spend money on.
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
Revamp the school field.
7. And if there’s one thing you’d never change?
The array of food courts.
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
The School of Architecture and Built Environment.
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
I would probably try out the Nutrition Health and Wellness program.
12. What is a common myth of your school?
That SP = so possible so anything is possible.
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
I do it all the time, mostly for school work.
14. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen in the school?
That camps in school are advertised falsely and it’s mostly party camps unline whatever proposals the organising committee may have submitted.
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Provide more study areas to cater to the large number of students.
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
Study areas around school.
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
At the study area at the admin block.
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
Food Court 1 as its closest to my school and has air-conditioning. The japanese curry stall is really good!
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
Most study benches have electrical plugs.
21. What program are you in?
Diploma in Architecture.
22. Is this related to your dream job?
Yes, I want to be an architect or go into the Interior Design field.
23. Do you know the actual value of your diploma?
I pay around $1000+ per semester.
24. Do you think a diploma in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
Yes, as I’m not doing secondary school work and has to work a lot in studios and other facilities etc.
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
Well, Germany has it free so why can’t we?
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
Most of my core modules are pretty interesting.
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
General Education modules for being useless.
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
You don’t get to choose what to take or not take.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
People join the Housing Development Board, become an Interior Designer or an architect.
34. Favorite Professor?
Ms. Yiat Yam Leong who’s my personal tutor.
35. What is one thing that most people don’t know about your program?
That we draw a lot for our program but it’s actually a lot of software.
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
Ideal: 15 students.
Reality: 30+ students.
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
Japan, as the place is nice and I like their architecture.
38. Common exam formats include:
It’s more projects based for us and there’s only 1 test throughout the entire year plus its an open book multiple choice questions exam.
39. Outside of the curriculum, do you have any other commitments in school?
40. Would you say that it is difficult to manage both studies and other school activities?
Yes, it can be a bit overwhelming especially towards the crammed period.
41. In your opinion, are there enough clubs & societies in school for students to choose from?
Yes, there’s almost 120 CCAs in the school.
42. How do you think a Extra-Curriculum Activity add value to a student's overall experience?
It relieves stress.
43. The most memorable school event that you have attended would be:
LEX, where I got to go to Philippines for some community project.
44. If you had to pay to NOT attend a particular event in school, what will it be?
Education and career guidance talks.
45. Is the school doing enough to engage students?
I don’t know of any efforts that the school has made to engage students.