Meet Joy. A current student at Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA), who is in her 3rd year of Diploma in Illustration Design with Animation. Prior to entering NAFA, she graduated from School of the Arts (SOTA). And she is a local student from Singapore.
1. What school do you study in?
Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts (NAFA)
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
Because LaSalle was harder to get into.
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
That assessment period is hell.
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
The design of the building.
7. And if there’s one thing you’d never change?
The people here.
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
From animation to Fine Arts.
12. What is a common myth of your school?
That all art schools are the same.
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
14. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen in the school?
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
I binge eat.
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Change the structure of the building.
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
Starbucks or 7-eleven.
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
Milo from Food Republic.
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
21. What program are you in?
22. Is this related to your dream job?
Yes, I want to be game designer.
23. Do you know the actual value of your degree?
Not really sure, few thousand dollars per semester?
24. Do you think a degree in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
No. I guess, it’s just a general feeling.
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
$1K per semester or less.
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
Maya - it’s about a 3D animation software.
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
Just hope for the best.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
No difference, it’s about how an individual adapt.
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
34. Favorite Professor?
Wendy – Coding.
35. What is one thing that most people don’t know about your program?
It will kill you.
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
Japan – it’s a cool country.
38. Common exam formats include: