Meet Ly. A current student at LaSalle College of Arts, who is in her 2nd year of Diploma studies in Design Communications. Prior to entering LaSalle, she graduated from Hanoi University of Science and Technology. And she is an international student from Vietnam.
1. What school do you study in?
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
No specific reason. LaSalle was my only choice.
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
More about the school campus and how to navigate it.
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
The air conditioning in classrooms as its too cold most of the time.
7. And if theres one thing youd never change?
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
There are different camp - Fashionistas and the non fashionistas.
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
12. What is a common myth of your school?
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
14. What is the strangest thing youve ever seen in the school?
When dance students do weird exercises.
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
Use the projectors which we are not supposed to.
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Provide more equipment like scanners for students to use.
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
Nothing much in school, but theres this dim sum place near school thats good.
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
21. What program are you in?
22. Is this related to your dream job?
Yes, I want to be a graphic designer in future.
23. Do you know the actual value of your degree?
$9K per year for 3 years.
24. Do you think a degree in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
As Im a foreigner student, I feel that it can be slightly cheaper. Its too much more expensive as compared to the fees of the local students.
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
$4.5K per year.
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
We dont have to choose modules. Planning wise I would say be careful with time management.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
34. Favorite Professor?
Joanne – Design Studio.
35. What is one thing that most people dont know about your program?
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
Italy – Before coming to Singapore, I wanted to study in Italy.
38. Common exam formats include:
Essays and assignments.