Meet Fiyrah. A current student at LaSalle College of Arts (LaSalle), who is in her first year of Diploma studies in Design Communications. Prior to entering Lasalle, she graduated from Central ITE. And she is a local student from Singapore.
1. What school do you study in?
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
My interest is in arts. NAFA was also a consideration.
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
People doing assignments.
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
The pace of assignments and on how to manage it.
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
Due dates of assignments.
7. And if there’s one thing you’d never change?
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
Currently in Level 1 now so we have to learn everything but if I had to specialize now I would choose to specialize in Design communications.
12. What is a common myth of your school?
None that I know of.
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
14. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen in the school?
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
The school is pretty good structure wise so nothing much I would improve on.
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
Frass or basement.
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
There is only one café in the whole school. Other food options are all out of school.
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
21. What program are you in?
Level 1 general studies.
22. Is this related to your dream job?
Yes, I wish to be a Graphic Designer or Advertiser in future.
23. Do you know the actual value of your degree?
24. Do you think a degree in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
$8K for 3 years maybe?
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
Be prepared and don’t procrastinate.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
No difference as studies at Lasalle is not based on background.
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
34. Favorite Professor?
Allison - Design communications.
35. What is one thing that most people don’t know about your program?
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
London, mostly for personal interest.
38. Common exam formats include:
Essays and assignment.
39. Outside of the curriculum, do you have any other commitments in school?
There’s no CCAs in this school.