Meet Peizhen. A current student at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), who is in her 4th year of Bachelor's studies in Civil Engineering. Prior to entering NTU, she graduated from Anderson Junior College. And she is a local student from Singapore.
1. What school do you study in?
Nanyang Technological University
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
I was choosing between National University of Singapore and Nanyang Technological University and kind of just came here.
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
Activities around hall.
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
More about course matching and exchange information.
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
More engagement with the working world.
7. And if there’s one thing you’d never change?
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
12. What is a common myth of your school?
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
14. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen in the school?
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
Cab from school back to my hall even though it’s so near.
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Make the school more aesthetically pleasing.
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
North Spine Food Court.
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
21. What program are you in?
22. Is this related to your dream job?
For now it is as I’m not very sure what I want to do in future.
23. Do you know the actual value of your degree?
$8K per year.
24. Do you think a degree in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
I guess so.
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
$5k per year.
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
Follow what the school recommends (usually they give a handbook to freshmen) and plan modules with friends.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
I think there are some exemptions in the first year.
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
34. Favorite Professor?
35. What is one thing that most people don’t know about your program?
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
Reality: Very little. (A lot of students don't turn up for tutorials)
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
Europe; personal interest.
38. Common exam formats include:
39. Outside of the curriculum, do you have any other commitments in school?
Committees, dance club etc.
40. Would you say that it is difficult to manage both studies and other school activities?
41. In your opinion, are there enough clubs & societies in school for students to choose from?
42. How do you think a Extra-Curriculum Activity add value to a student's overall experience?
Teaches you time management and leadership.
43. The most memorable school event that you have attended would be:
44. If you had to pay to NOT attend a particular event in school, what will it be?
Joint Hall Bash (JASH)
45. Is the school doing enough to engage students?
46. Do you stay on-campus? If yes, see below:
47. Which part of campus do you stay at?
48. Name 5 adjectives about your hall/hostel.
Convenient, Lively, Fun.
49. Would you sacrifice an “A” for one of your core modules to secure a spot at hall/hostel?
50. How would you describe hall life in a phrase?
Fun but you must know how to manage your time.
51. Are the amenities in the halls comprehensive?
52. If you can only bring one electrical appliance to hall, what would it be?
53. Worst room mate ever? If not best?
I don’t really have a worst/best room mate as most of our room mates are people I already know.