Meet Jaskaran. A current student at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), who is in her 4th year of Bachelor’s studies in Biological Science. Prior to entering NTU, she graduated from Jurong Junior College. And she is a local student from Singapore.
1. What school do you study in?
Nanyang Technological University
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
3. Why did you choose this school?
I chose SBS because I wanted to further my studies in the field of vet in the future
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
Students studying till very late
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
If the job prospect will be good after graduation
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
To have more relevant lab works
7. And if there’s one thing you’d never change?
The sports scene
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
12. What is a common myth of your school?
That we have a easy life because our exams consists only of MCQ.
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
14. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever seen in the school?
Couples making out on the study benches
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
Playing FIFA at SAC
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Build more fields so everyone can use them
Add more study rooms
Improve SBS labs
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
Lee Wee Nam Library
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
Lee Wee Nam library
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
Lee Wee Nam library
21. What program are you in?
22. Is this related to your dream job?
Yes, I want to be a vet in the future.
23. Do you know the actual value of your degree?
24. Do you think a degree in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
ES8005 Earth Science
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
BS1002 Biophysical Chemistry
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
Choose those modules that you have a passion or interest in, it makes studying easier
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
Junior College student.
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
If you scored an A for ‘A’ levels Biology
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
34. Favorite Professor?
35. What is one thing that most people don’t know about your program?
You need to study mathematics too.
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
I would like to go to the USA. I have already traveled Europe before, thus it would be good to be able to travel the USA as well
38. Common exam formats include:
39. Outside of the curriculum, do you have any other commitments in school?
40. Would you say that it is difficult to manage both studies and other school activities?
Not really, so long as you are disciplined
41. In your opinion, are there enough clubs & societies in school for students to choose from?
42. How do you think a Extra-Curriculum Activity add value to a student's overall experience?
It helps us mix around with different types of people thus we can learn how to interact with more types of people
43. The most memorable school event that you have attended would be:
44. If you had to pay to NOT attend a particular event in school, what will it be?
45. Is the school doing enough to engage students?
46. Do you stay on-campus? If yes, see below:
47. Which part of campus do you stay at?
48. Name 5 adjectives about your hall/hostel.
Convenient, comfortable, nice, home, friendly
49. Would you sacrifice an “A” for one of your core modules to secure a spot at hall/hostel?
50. How would you describe hall life in a phrase?
Fun but exclusive
51. Are the amenities in the halls comprehensive?
52. If you can only bring one electrical appliance to hall, what would it be?
53. Worst room mate ever? If not best?
My current roommate is decent.