Meet Aakash. A current student at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), who is in his 4th year of Bachelors studies in Biological Science with a minor in Business. Prior to entering NTU, he graduated from Catholic Junior College. And he is a local student from Singapore.
1. What school do you study in?
Nanyang Technological University
2. Do you/others have a nickname for the school?
SBS for School of Biological Science
3. Why did you choose this school?
I have an interest in biological science
4. What is a scene that you often see in the school?
Students studying everywhere till late hours
5. What is one thing that you wish you knew before enrollment?
The workload of the course
6. Your school is great, but if you could change one thing, what would it be?
The style of teaching, as there is too much emphasis on memorizing rather than applications
7. And if theres one thing youd never change?
The people in NTU
8. The unofficial uniform of your school is?
Any comfortable clothing
9. When you meet a new friend for the first time and you have to describe your school with one word, what would it be?
10. What is one place in the school that you are proud of?
SBS lobby, as it can be used for everything and students tend to gather there for activities as well.
11. If you could swap programs for a day, what would it be?
12. What is a common myth of your school?
Only MCQs for finals
13. If you ever had to stay in school past 9pm, what would it be because?
Dance and study
14. What is the strangest thing youve ever seen in the school?
Balloons in SBS lobby
15. What is your one guilty pleasure you indulge in in school?
Eating too much McDonald
16. If you were given $5 million dollars to revamp the school, what would you do with it?
Add a printing area, a playground, a nicer lounge, a bar and a restaurant
17. In between classes, where can we find you?
SBS IT hub
18. What is the best place to be as one with your laptop and lecture recordings?
SBS IT hub
19. In the occasion that the school has to downsize till only ONE food place remains, what will it be?
20. For free electricity in the school, where would you go to?
21. What program are you in?
22. Is this related to your dream job?
23. Do you know the actual value of your degree?
Not quite sure.
24. Do you think a degree in your course is cost efficient in terms of the quality of education you are receiving versus what you are paying?
25. In your opinion, how much should a degree in your program cost?
26. What is the most unforgettable module you have taken?
27. If you could be exempted from any module in your program, what would it be?
BS1002 Biophysical Chemistry
28.What advice would you give to future students about module selection and planning?
Choose what you like and look at the exam timetable.
29. If you had to choose one, would you advise a Singapore Junior College (JC) or Polytechnic (poly) student to join your program?
Junior College. It is a follow up and more in depth study of what we learnt in JC
30. In what scenarios will any student be exempted from any modules?
When a student cleared similar courses in polytechnic or if they got A for biological science in ‘A levels.
31. Theory vs. Practical. In what ratio would you say your program content is?
32. On a scale of 1 – 10, how employable do you think students from your program are?
33. Name 3 job fields people from your program go into.
34. Favorite Professor?
35. What is one thing that most people dont know about your program?
Mathematics is required
36. Ideal tutorial class size versus reality?
37. Given a chance to go on exchange, which country would you choose?
I have gone on exchange last semester to the UK. I chose the UK because of my personal interest, I really like the place.
38. Common exam formats include:
39. Outside of the curriculum, do you have any other commitments in school?
40. Would you say that it is difficult to manage both studies and other school activities?
So long as you have proper time management it is not a problem.
41. In your opinion, are there enough clubs & societies in school for students to choose from?
42. How do you think a Extra-Curriculum Activity add value to a student's overall experience?
It gives us a break from the mundane studying and lessons, and also adds fun to our lives.
43. The most memorable school event that you have attended would be:
Back to School Event. Its the first event of the semester, where we get to dress in our JC uniforms and interact with one another
44. If you had to pay to NOT attend a particular event in school, what will it be?
45. Is the school doing enough to engage students?